Shy and neglected

Stuart and I have been talking about getting another cat, mainly because Scoot is getting on 5 years now and since moving into this new apartment she is restless. There are no longer any windows for her to peek her head out of to watch the birds and no possible way for her to make an escape. For the most part, Scoot was lounging throughout the day in the easy chair waiting for us to get home so she could bite our feet.

We decided to look for a long hair Persian close to the same colour of Scoot so they would have a little in common. After an hour long search online, we found several suitable candidates for Scoot's newest partner in crime.

We picked up Babee, a 3 year old Persian from a couple in Toronto who couldn't keep her anymore due to allergies. They gave us everything to get us started, cat box, brushes, food, a few toys and all the medical history. She has already been fixed and declawed- something that was a must for us since Scoot is declawed as well.

The first few days with Babee in the house are sketchy. Scoot is fully aware that she is here and gets moody when you spend too much time with her. We have Babee set up in my office for the first few weeks to get her adjusted to Scoot and her new home, so she spends a lot of time under the antique chair.

I have no idea when the last time Babee has been brushed. She looks like a rasta cat. Everyone who knows me knows how much I loathe dreadlocks so I am trying to figure out a way to get her back to a cleaner state of living. Her belly feels like rope and I am scared that I won't be able to brush out all the mats so we might have to take her to vet to sedate her and have them shave her so we don't accidentally nick her with the scissors.

Having cats meet face to face will be a task I am not looking forward to, but Scoot will learn to get along. If not, Babee might just turn and run every time Scoot comes knocking.

Also today I had a gruelling dentist appointment that left me frightfully upset for the rest of the day. They had to freeze my entire jaw and put in a new filling. When my mouth is frozen nothing really hurts, everything just tickles. Laughing when you have dentist equipment in your mouth is not recommended. I also have a strong tendency to drool a lot- with freezing or not. I felt so terrible I couldn't do anything- I hung up on a lot of people today because I could hear them snickering on the other line when I would respond. Drugs and Ann don't mix.


 

We are thinking of changing Babee's name. To what I am not too sure, maybe Babee is alright. Any ideas for a new name for the new fuzzie? Send it my way?

0 comments:


Template Brought by :

blogger templates