The 2008 Body



Thanks to all who came out. It was very fun, exciting and a flawless evening. I was so happy that so many of my friends and family had made it to the show as well as new friend I met that night. There were some faces I didn't see, but you all sent your wishes and cheered me on!


After looking back at this body of work I see an entire year of labor dancing on the walls in their own magicant world. I am proud too of the fact I managed to organized a fairly exciting party where very little went wrong and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. For some people in that room it was their first time going to an art opening so I was happy that I made the night special with the help of a few friends.


Ryan was a huge hit at the party- but the DJ has to do that in my opinion. Now that I have done a show with a DJ I would like to try that again in the future- I liked what Ryan was doing with the projections on the outside of the gallery. Everyone driving by got a glimpse of me painting at a furious speed overlaid with images of Mother 2+3 all to the sound of his music. I was also happy that only after a few complaints around 10:30 he made the call to turn down the music and eventually end his set so that we wouldn't be too much of a pest to those sleeping on a Thursday.


However, it is Main Street and 11pm is cut off time- no reason to be rude to my neighbors ;p


I feel tired… so its best that my real reflection for the whole thing should be best left until after the 20th when its all done for the Gallery.


http://www.dorland-haightgallery.com/ann_kornuta.htm

My other worry is the TV interview I did that night. I hope I don't look too crazy in that :p




For now its rest and back to the day job as the holidays grow closer and I deal with every small battle and everything else that life throws at me.




0 comments:


Template Brought by :

blogger templates