A Perfect Circle

When I woke up on Sunday I didn't plan on sitting on the bus traveling East to go West yet again for the umpteenith time of my life. G had invited me to come out and take photos of his new baby exploring High Park before he packs the family up for an out of the country adventure of sorts. So there I was, sitting on the bus making the regular trek to the old neighborhood as images of the changed landscape rush past my window.
The strange thing was my observation that it was now officially 10 years I have been making such a trip East to West. When I first made this trip I was only 18 years old and for the most part the bus trip zoomed past the back roads thru brush, barns and fields… how things have changed in only 10 years and now the brush is disappearing and houses replace birds and grass- old barns gone replaced with concrete and street signs. I wonder if children who now live in these houses know what the land used to look like before they were here, how enchanting it all used to be and how typical it has become… hopes for wonder in a land of exploding growth…
High Park still looks the same though everything was brown and dirty since we're still in that painful "After Melt" phase.
I am still plugging away at a few paintings and choosing to revisit a few I know I said were finished yet after having them hung on the wall in the office for a few days I need to go back to them and add more… it's the better way for me to work at the moment as displaying the piece for myself for a time I can take better care with everything I am working on so the end product is brilliant. I also have two new pieces to start out- one commission and one new image for a show coming up.
Speaking about art shows- I know I was aiming for one of those in the spring though after contemplation coupled with the news from my doctor it possibly would be for the best to have a show in the Fall rather than the spring as I will need recovery time from my surgery. I guess that is just more of an excuse to get more finished and ready in time for a super amazing awesome show and in the Fall I know more friends and fans will be able to make it out rather than holding it in the spring.

0 comments:


Template Brought by :

blogger templates