Happy Box


Things could be stranger- I am back at work now after my 3 month absence and I am stunned at how things change they still stay the same. I thought it was going to be rough getting back though as long as I get 2 days off in a row I'll do fine. By the end of the first week I was deader than a bag of lemmings when I got to my two days off that I didn't go anywhere or do anything… though I did pick up the brushes for a few hours and worked on something.




It's sort of my tribute to coffee yet a reflection of who I still am after all this time. I want to do a series of "Hot Coffee" images, throw in some digital art pieces as well to round out the flavor. I tried to keep everything about this one as close to a reflection as possible and the best way to tell that is from the scar over my eye in the picture. I really do sport that scar with pride though everyone tells me they never notice it so I have to lean in and show them. It happened on my third birthday when the kids on my block decided to erase me- they jumped on me and started hitting me with rocks and stones- one went down a few times on the ol' eye a few times. The cute thing is the right eye is damaged and healed but still wonky. The world has always looked flat from my side.


The other cute detail I added was the Mother 3 mug. Still waiting on a decent translation so I can pick it up again… I just refuse to finish it without knowing what all the frogs are saying.

0 comments:


Template Brought by :

blogger templates